ISACA’s AfricaCACS Conference 2019 takes place 19 & 20 August 2019 at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Etienne Shardlow, CEO of Symphonise Consulting will be presenting a talk on COBIT & Governance in the world of Artificial Intelligence.
Below is a list of related reading that addresses some of the concerns related to Artificial Intelligence and the governance of this emerging technology. The links and articles have been separated into categories: Concerns around AI, Benefits of AI, and the Governance of AI.
Artificial Intelligence – some areas of concern:
- Is Artificial Intelligence Dangerous? 6 AI Risks Everyone Should Know About
- Agent Foundations for Aligning Machine Intelligence with Human Interests
- The ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Long-Term and Short-Term Challenges to Ensuring the Safety of AI Systems
- Transcendence: An AI Researcher Enjoys Watching His Own Execution
- What Happens When Artificial Intelligence Turns On Us?
- Artificial Intelligence and the Mass Appraisal of Residential Apartments
- Stephen Hawking Is Worried About Artificial Intelligence Wiping Out Humanity
- TED Talk: What happens when our computers get smarter than we are?
- TED Talk: Can we build AI without losing control over it?
- Video: Humans Need Not Apply
- Video: Professor Stuart Russell – The Long-Term Future of (Artificial) Intelligence
- Steve Wozniak: Don’t worry, AI won’t kill us all – yet
- Hawking: The rise of robots may be disastrous for mankind
- Stephen Hawking’s Warning on Robot Automation is More Relevant than Ever
The benefits of Artificial Intelligence:
- Videos from the Beneficial AI Conference
- TED Talk: How to get empowered, not overpowered by AI
- Benefits & Risks of Artificial Intelligence
- Steve Wozniak explains why he used to agree with Elon Musk, Stephen Hawking on A.I. — but now he doesn’t
- Why AI could correct the gender imbalance right up to the boardroom
- Why AI is both a risk and a way to manage risk
Governance of Artificial Intelligence:
- We Need To Examine The Ethics And Governance Of Artificial Intelligence
- TED Talk: 3 principles for creating safer AI | Stuart Russell
- Artificial Intelligence And The End Of Government
- AI & Global Governance: Three Paths Towards a Global Governance of Artificial Intelligence
- Video: When your board champions AI, will you win the future consumer?
- Setting the pace or keeping up — is your board future-fit?
- With AI at the wheel, will your board steer the course?
- The Time Has Come to Use Artificial Intelligence In Governance